Going from "Depressed" to a "Deep rest"...


                                      

Once in a while, we often stumble upon an unwelcomed visitor: he is quite unpleasant, mentally irritating, and thought-blocking in a way words can't clearly describe.
I'm talking about the common cold of psychiatric conditions: "Depression" which is not just a simple mental health issue or a mood disorder but a true medical illness. 
Having gone through it several times, I might say that it is a  mental disease that can dwell on you more than any other physical one.
I don't want to spend more time describing It. Let's try to decode what depression ultimately wants us to know about ourselves. Just like any other type of illness, depression is a reaction, a reaction manifested by your nervous system. It's like your mind is trying to tell you:
 "Hold on my friend, there's something wrong! I can't feel the harmony between your reality and your expectations !! A serious talk between us must be done!
Indeed, depression, at its core, depicts the fact that you've suddenly diverged from the right path.
Your goal is somehow becoming out of reach. 
To be clear, depression does not revolve around failing an exam or maybe losing a competition: that will trigger "sadness instead".
I'm talking about losing the sense of being alive, once you're there, nothing really matters anymore! Maybe you've lost someone close to you that was correlated with your state of "being happy".
Maybe you've made a life-changing decision that somehow turned out to be "false" or "inadequate".

Now, let's move on to a step-by-step possible guide to help you get through depression:

1) Opt for a deep rest, a deep rest from painful and time-wasting thinking. Instead, try to figure out your number one goal in life, which encourages you every single day to wake up in the morning. Embrace It and define it well !! 

2)Write down your current problems and how they are misleading you from your goal.

3)Acknowledge the possible consequences of being depressed in your life: depression can be the harbinger of several other diseases! 
Consider visiting the following link to learn more about the additional health issues related to depression:https://genesight.com/5-consequences-of-not-treating-depression/

4)Don’t hesitate to talk about It with someone close to you. Talking is a relief!

5)Quit social media for a short period, and stop going through the Facebook news feed which can create a feeling of a certain ‘false inferiority”.

6)Make a revolutionary decision to start changing your life! I’m not talking just about self-motivation, not just words, but actions!!!!

7)Try to fill your time as possible as you can :
Make a daily plan.
Do sports. 
Read more books. 
Learn new hobbies.
Meditate.

8) If none of the above-stated steps worked, consider going to a therapist. As I've said in the beginning: Depression is a disease like any other.

My final thoughts for anyone who's currently in depression:
Put your trust in God
I’m sure you will get through this. 
It’s a passing wave. 
😉😉

                            


Comments

  1. I have a few friends who are clinically depressed, it is one of the toughest things to deal with. Appreciate your post and like you said, trusting God is the answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharmishtha. Indeed, trust and reliance on God is key !

      Delete
  2. I liked your thoughts but the last lines specially!

    Visit my article the same!

    http://stutimazgaonkar.home.blog/2019/12/22/depression-a-positive-approach/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I've truly admired your article as well. Keep up the good work.

      Delete
  3. This is a great post. As someone who has dealt with that too, I can relate. Putting one's trust in God is key. Followed by investing in one's self. I have written about it a couple of times on my blog though mostly in form of poetry. I find that writing about it has made people more aware and some of them can relate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Viano ! May we all live a life free from depression.I'll be glad to read your articles.

      Delete
  4. Totally agree with all especially quitting social media for a while. I'm not on FB often but at some point I avoided it for months precisely because of the false sense of inferiority I was getting and wondering where I went wrong. Exercise definitely helps in elevating the right hormones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I really wanted to pinpoint that fact about social media.Sometimes, it's better to leave it for a while.

      Delete
  5. This is really helpful. I can use your tips whenever I feel down. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing such an inspiring post. I am trying to read as much as depression as possible to help my daughter battling depression.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marjie ! Glad I could help. May we all live a life free from depression :)

      Delete

Post a Comment