Before it's too late...

                                    
                                                                                      

Hardly a day goes by without hearing about someone who died from cancer (May God bless you all ), without discovering a new case of a disease, losing a person close to us, and eventually losing ourselves!
There is a huge human potential being lost due to poor health conditions.
The question remains the following: How can we prevent ourselves from dealing with deadly diseases? 

We are living in a rapidly evolving world where new technologies are thriving, and where we are spending massive amounts of money on medical research. For instance, biomedical engineering has been more than a blessing since it is making handicapped people's lives much easier. New medical drugs are being invented to alleviate people's illnesses.......
Yet, on the other side of the coin, we are unintentionally harming ourselves on a daily basis through man-made inventions!  
When we probe into the main causes that are behind our sickness, we will figure out that it is mainly due to the accumulation of toxins in our body. ( "A toxin is a poison. It is a substance that if taken in large doses can cause severe illness or death").
Now, let me briefly enumerate the main sources of harmful toxins:


-Food: The "fast food" and the "packaged food" we're consuming are loaded with chemicals and additives.

-Environment: We are passively prone to inhale polluted air derived from cars,  industrial activities, and especially smoking!

-Emotional: Yep, emotional toxins that revolve around depression, stress, and negative thinking: These behaviors inhibit the body from detoxifying itself!

-Last but not least, our tendency to consume prescribed and nonprescribed drugs.
A mild headache or a cough is followed by an unconscious drug intake! Of course, with the hope of healing in record time!
Now, I'm not medical nor pharmaceutical savvy, but through reading myriad scientific articles and going through world health statistics, I can only say that we are not aware enough to read the SIDE EFFECTS banner written in every drug guide paper. 
By adopting such behavior in our lifestyle, we are suppressing a single symptom while developing other major health problems in both the short and long term.

Let's move on to solutions: What kind of lifestyle should we adopt to become healthier?

                                   

Here's a list of to-do steps that I've collected from different books about healthy habits and from personal experiences: 

- Fasting: Fasting 2 times a week has been scientifically proven to cure several diseases and purify the body from toxins!

-Opt for natural cures as the first step instead of rushing to use drugs! 
Herbs, oils, and natural ingredients are a proven way to cure a large set of diseases. Especially, garlic which is considered to be the number 1 natural antibiotic, and apple cider vinegar: a miraculous home remedy!
Here are some common natural cures for common diseases in the following link:
https://stylecaster.com/beauty/natural-remedies-for-every-common-health-problem/
I wanted to invite you to try  "cleanses" also called "detox recipes": liver cleanse, bladder cleanse, colon cleanse...
Here is a link that contains the above-mentioned cleanses:
https://www.gaiam.com/blogs/discover/5-natural-detox-drink-recipes

- A healthy diet is KEY !! Avoid as possible as you can junk food and packaged food. Replace it with fruits, vegetables, whole grains and beans.

-Stop smoking today before tomorrow: "Smoking cigarettes is like paying to have your life cut shorter".

-Stop drinking alcohol: From high blood pressure to liver damage, alcohol has several harmful effects on the body :
https://www.alcohol.org/effects/

-Drink lots and lots of water! Drinking water helps to flush the kidneys.

-Engage in physical exercise: even a daily walk is good!

-Do away with depression, stress, and its derivatives. You can take a look at the following article I wrote about the efficient ways to fight depression:
https://wheniholdapen.blogspot.com/2020/01/youre-feeling-depressed-consider-opting.html

-Protect yourself from the sun: Avoid midday sun and tanning.

-Have 8 hours of sleep (It varies from one person to another): A good amount of sleep reflects the fact that your body repairs itself perfectly during the night.

-Consider having regular medical checkups, screening, and blood tests to discover any potential disease earlier.

Finally, the main takeaway from this article is that we need to pay attention to our health status!
As they say: "The greatest wealth is health".
For every one of us who is suffering from chronic disease, I just wanted to say :
May God heal your body.
May your pain cease.
May your strength increase.

                                                        

Comments

  1. YES! This is great and having lost so many loved ones thus far, "before it's too late" is a spot-on opening credit to this piece. Fortunately, I haven't had "the c-word" infiltrate my immediate circle thus far, which, is scary to me, because statistically speaking, it seems inevitable. Thanks for your insight ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure ! May we all live a life free from "cancer" and its derivatives.

      Delete
  2. Very good article. How many days are the preferred gap when you want to fast twice in a week? And will it be like a full day fasting? I interested to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a full day fasting, but it goes from the daybreak till sunset.
      It's up to you to adapt a consistant fasting plan, there is no precise gap to take into consideration between 2 days.
      As muslims, we often practice this activity and many medical researches has proven that it has broad-spectrum benefits for many health conditions, such as obesity, diabetes , cardiovascular diseases, cancers.......
      We do it for a month per year called the month of ramadan, and we can also do it 2 times per week ( monday and thursday) in the other months.
      Wish you all the best and may god bless you with good health !


      Delete
  3. Great post. My mother has cancer and I wish she had taken better care of herself. It's been a wakeup call for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been doing an intermittent fasting for a while until I become pregnant. Didn't realize there are so more added benefits to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how informative this is. I know a few people with major health issues and I wish they'd try some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately cancer is the disease of the century. But, there are so many treatments now that, if it's caught early, it can be cured.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with all of this. One thing to add to the list is meditation. It is so wonderful for mental well being.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't agree more !
      Meditation is KEY when it comes to curing many mental irritations.

      Delete
  8. I've been hearing a lot about fasting lately. I participated in Isagenix for about two weeks, where I underwent 2 "cleanse days" that were essentially fasts. The first day wasn't too bad, but by the second day I was really moody and irritable. I think fasting for a day at a time would be much better in my situation. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I try to live as healthfully as I can. No junk foods. Lots of salmon and healthy fats. No fast foods. I feel great so hoping my lifestyle is working, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great ! Wish you good health and happiness in life.

      Delete
  10. Loved all the points that you have mentioned. I try to avoid fast food as much as i can and maintain a healthy lifestyle. I can't fast because i might faint and breakfast is a must for me. Loved the tips. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been doing intermittent fasting for a long time, sort of unintentionally. It's just how my body seems to like to run. When I realized it was an actual thing I started doing it more intentionally. I've been trying to get about what I'm actually putting into my body though. My brother had a rare form of cancer (luckily he's in remission now) and we have a long family history of heart disease. So hopefully by eating right and doing the intermittent fasting I can prevent some of this in my own life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May your brother get well soon. Wish you a good health and a life free from diseases.

      Delete
  12. I just start the intermittent fasting and it's been working so well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't eat out as much I did as I am trying to save money. But, I don't drink and smoke a lot, and I hope to stay like that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We Indians have the tradition of fasting on auspicious days. It is nice to see the world is realizing the benefits of fasting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely topic and beautifully composed.. drinking a lot of water is something i regularly do to stay fit!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a powerful post. No one knows the pinpoint way to get cancer for sure, but a lot of people's unhealthy lifestyle habits do contribute to it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Great content. This is so informative. There are so many people out there with major health issues and I wish they'd try some of these.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment