Coping with procrastination

                              

2019 has come to an end, with all its ups and downs, struggles, and reliefs.
Every one of us is undoubtedly wandering, had he accomplished his yearly goals?
Had he tried to make a better version of himself? 
Had he invested his money well? 
Had he quit a bad habit or maybe developed a good one instead?
                       
    

 When every year passes by, we find ourselves prone to re-ask these questions, to what extent have we dealt with our procrastinating minds. Today, I’m going to shed light on the procrastination issue: Throughout my life, I have been keen on following other successful people, trying to mimic them in every single step they do. I sound like a copycat, do I? That’s definitely true. Let me reflect on one of the famous quotes of Tony Robbins “If they can do this, so can I”. So, literally, there is not an everlasting need to reinvent the wheel. Simply pick up a role model and follow his steps and you know what? Even highly successful people confessed to struggling with procrastination on a daily basis, which is eventually the number one roadblock in our lives, right? 

Having gone through autobiographies and interviews of a few of the highly successful people here’s what I encountered: 


                               

When It comes to Steve Jobs, we often notice that the daily reminds himself of DEATH. He deals with it as an incentive to work harder and harder. He called It “the best invention of life”.It’s truly a life-changing agent. In front of death, you’ll be at the point of no return. Jobs really believed in shaping his own legacy and considered death to be the single standing obstacle between him and his mighty goal. 





Yet when we dig deep down into the world’s currently most productive entrepreneur Elon Musk, we come across a different type of analysis. Musk considers showering the moment he wakes up every day as his first step towards doing away with procrastination. This level of self-discipline, reliance, and willpower turned out to be more than rewarding to Tesla's CEO. He firmly believed that by rewiring your brain to accomplish these small tasks, you’ll be able to accomplish bigger ones.


 Finally, I just wanted to say that procrastination is a mindset issue that gravely affects our career, potential, and mood. For me, I’ve decided to challenge myself by starting my own blog, even if I’m not a writing expert, I believe that I have many things to share with you. So, my final message will be:

                 Let 2020 be an anti-procrastination year

                        

Comments

  1. This article is great. I have set up a bunch of mini goals to help me with not procrastinating this year. I hope the motivation doesn’t leave me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great read! I know I struggle with procrastination in my life. It is something I have been working on changing and doing an alright job. Work in progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wren. Indeed,we have to work and hard work always pays off !

      Delete
  3. This is a blog post worth to share. I like the idea of giving this year the name of 'anti-procrastination year'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grimaldo. May we all live our lives free from procrastination !

      Delete
  4. I think Elon Musk's approach to procrastination is brilliant. Forcing himself to shower as soon as he gets up sets in motion a pattern of doing vs. thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely true Lori. We do spend so much time on thinking rather than doing !

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on finally making your own blog. I look forward reading more of your stories this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great thoughts about how to avoid or push past procrastination. To me it's helpful to make a list of goals for the week and for the day with an order of priority or even set times - because most of my time gets lost when I try to decide what to do next. By setting that up on Mondays and again every morning, those decisions are made and I can focus on "just getting it done".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was so interesting Luci ! Making a daily or a weekly to-do list is inevitably a powerful way to keep ourselves focused on accomplishing our goals. Wish you all the best Luci :)

      Delete

Post a Comment